Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Elite Hockey Gel Pads

Elite hockey has released 3 different gel pads for those of you with abused feet from skates. They feature and ankle pad, an achilles tendon pad, and a lace bite pad with velcro that attaches to your tongue. I recently picked up the lace bite gel pads to help me break in my Bauer One.9 skates with the stiffest tongue I have ever felt.



My gel pads are shown above. I had to adjust their position a couple times to find the right spot but now they never move. As shown below, the shape works well to disperse the pressure of the lace bite.


I have seen other products for lace bite, including just attaching extra foam to the inside of your tongue but this has been the most successful one so far in my opinion. Each of these gel pads is also reusable and adjustable which is another useful feature.


The ankle and achilles pads are shown above. 

Personally I have no use for the other gel pads but if anyone has tried them, please let me know your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment